Once you have created your company's account with Axial Shift, it's time to get your data syncing! You'll need to download the Aloha Installer onto your Aloha Server computer. Make sure you have administrator privileges to that computer, as it is required to run the Installer.
Note: You might need to call NCR Aloha and have them allow the following domains to the firewall settings: axialshift.com & axialcommerce.com
NCR Aloha Contact Info:
+1 (844) 263-0147 or +1 (800) 792-5642
Once you are ready to download the installer, continue with the steps below:
1. Go to https://app.axialshift.com/login. Type in your username and password and click LOGIN.
2. Hover over the SETTINGS menu near the top and select STORES.
3. Select your store by clicking the pen and paper icon on the left side of your store.
4. Click the green Setup POS Integration button near the top, or you can select the purple Download Installer button in the left column. This will download a file called "GrindSentry Installer.exe".
5. Modern web browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox, may present you with a warning that this file is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous. You will need to right-click this warning and click Keep.
6. Open the installer and click Yes if presented with a warning to run it. You may be presented with a warning by windows saying it has "Protected Your PC", like this:
Click on the More Info link and then click Run Anyway.
7. Next, you will need to log in to your Axial Shift account in order to set up GrindSentry:
The installer will try to determine your Aloha directory intelligently, but you will have the option to change the directory if you wish by clicking the Select Aloha Folder button. You can also select to upload all files (checked by default) or you can tell the system to start uploading on a particular date:
- or -
If the GrindSentry executable has already been installed for that company elsewhere, and you're performing a reinstall, you will have the option to replace it here by clicking Yes.
8. Once the install completes, you can start the service immediately by leaving the Start Service Now! option checked, and you can just click Close. Your sales will begin backing up and processing immediately!
Please note, historical information for up to 3 years will also populate, but it is not immediate.
Please sign in to leave a comment.