Do you prefer to write schedules from the viewpoint of an employee, so you can easily see their weekly schedule at a glance? If so, the By Employee view within our Scheduler is for you!
Upon entering the Scheduler, we'd like to call out three specific areas that make the By Employee view unique: Employee Info Modal, the various colors/indicators you'll see throughout the Scheduler, and where to locate your Open Shifts.
Employee Info Modal
Have you ever needed a team member's information while you were writing the schedule? Or, need a refresher of their availability or their time off for that week? We've got you covered with our employee info modal! Next to each team member's name along the left-hand side of the screen is an (i) icon. By clicking on this icon, managers can conveniently see a variety of information for that specific team member, ensuring informed decision-making regarding scheduling needs.
Shift Color Legend
We discuss many of the areas of the SideBar in this article, but for the By Employee view specifically, you will have access to the shift color legend. This legend assigns specific colors to different scheduling scenarios, aiding in quick visual identification while working within the Scheduler. For instance, the color red signifies overtime, the light blue color indicates Approved Time Off, the Purple color shows you open shifts, and the orange-yellow color highlights shift conflicts with the employee's availability. With these visual cues, the Scheduler aims to streamline your scheduling process, ensuring optimal productivity and resource allocation.
CREATE NEW SHIFTS
To facilitate a smooth assignment process, the By Employee Scheduler view offers the ability to double-click on a cell along the employee's row, allowing you to create the shift for that employee.
When the modal loads, the employee's name will be listed at the top, so you can see for whom you're creating the shift. Select your start and end times, along with the job code and the location (if applicable). A simple click on the Save button allows for immediate visibility of the updated shift and schedule.
To see where to set up a scheduled location, visit this article:
SCHEDULING CONFLICTS/ ALERTING
- Time Off Conflicts
- Overtime Conflicts
- Availability Conflicts
2. In the Edit Shift window, you will find options to edit the details of the shift. Make necessary adjustments to the start and end times, as needed. Additionally, you can also update the job code or the location for the shift.
3. Save the changes. The scheduling tool will automatically apply the modifications to the corresponding shift details and display the revised information.
Do you need to reassign the shift, but not sure who may be available to help take the shift? We've also got you covered!
Locate the shift you wish to reassign, and you can do either of these options to reassign it:
- Double-click the cell which brings up the Edit Shift modal. Click the three dots on the right side and select Reassign Shift
- This brings up the reassignment window, showing you all of the available team members to take the shift. As you move your mouse up and down the screen, the row will highlight with your mouse, indicating where you are about to assign the shift, and the hours and cost will also update with the new projected shift details.
- Clicking on a team member in the window will automatically reassign the shift to that team member:
- Another way of reassigning a shift is by selecting the cell, and then pressing our keyboard shortcut for reassigning shifts (Ctrl + R), or (Command+R), if on a Mac computer. That shortcut will bring up the same reassignment modal and allow you to continue as previously mentioned!